Lunacloud is proud to announce, that public IPs are now available in our Cloud Jelastic, PaaS service.
For more secure work of your production environments it is recommended to get and process the requests using Public IP address attached to any instance in the environment with your application. It’s more stable solution with less risk to be affected by many apps which use shared Resolver.
How to activate this option?
Within your Environment topology window in your dashboard, switch on the Public IPv4.
To find your Public IP expand your environment list and click on the additional button for the instance with the added Public IP.
What are the advantages of using a Public IP address?
- The application cannot be affected with Cloud Jelastic upgrades, even hypothetically, as all requests will bypass the Resolver;
- It allows you to get connection secured by means of Custom SSL feature. It means that SSL connection for your custom domain names can be established using your own custom certificates;
- It provides you with ability to have FTP add-on installed;
- If you attach a Public IP address to your database instance it provides you with the opportunity to work with your databases remotely. You can import and export dumps from your computer without having to login to our dashboard. And you are not restricted in data size uploading;
- Remote debugging is a pretty useful benefit. You can debug your code from your IDE;
- One more thing to consider is the capability that a Public IP lets you use web-sockets and polling. So, if you open a page with upcoming messages and expect them to be updated as soon as a new message arrives, a public IP is what you need. It is great for interactive applications.
- This is an add-on service and it’s paid: 0.003€/hour. (2.19€ monthly)
- This option is only available to billing account users.
- If you do not add Public IP address, all your requests will follow through Jelastic Global Resolver.
- If you have Public IP enabled for any node in your environment, you can’t swap domains.